To avoid disappointment, please check local listings to confirm times and locations.
2020 and 2021
- Events scheduled through the end of spring 2021 have been canceled or postponed due to COVID-19.
Selection of Past Talks and Interviews, Available Online
- BL and Jon Krakauer's onstage conversation at the November 2015 Wordstock Literary Festival is available as a podcast on the Literary Arts website: http://www.literary-arts.org/archive/jon-krakauer-barry-lopez/
- For the January 10, 2013, episode of Fresh Air, Terry Gross spoke with Barry Lopez about "Sliver of Sky: Confronting the Trauma of Sexual Abuse," BL's essay in the January 2013 issue of Harper's. You can listen to the interview and read excerpts of the transcript on the NPR website.
- Currently featured on the Sacred Land Film Project's website is a video of BL talking about storytelling. Toby McLeod of SLFP interviewed BL for a four-part television series entitled Losing Sacred Ground.
- In October 2010, BL spoke on behalf of Oregon Congressional Representative Peter DeFazio. You can view his talk, in three parts, online.
If you would like Barry to sign a book for you, he would be glad to do so. Please contact J. Michaels Books in Eugene, Oregon with your request. The e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org, their phone number is (541) 342-2002, and they're located at 160 East Broadway, 97401.
If you missed this extended show on your local public television station, you can still watch it online at PBS.org.
Updated 30 October 2020
Contents © 1966 to current, by
Barry Holstun Lopez. All Rights Reserved.